This is not the first time we at Costa del Sol - Christie's Real Estate have talked about this wonderful residential area, Cascada de Camoján. To put it in context, this urbanisation is situated in the most northern, most mountainous area of Marbella's coveted Golden Mile. We return our focus here because there are new projects and villas in Cascada de Camoján that are worth highlighting.
To find out more about the origins and qualities of this beautiful, gated community you can read our previous post. Of course, we want to re-emphasize some important aspects that Cascada de Camoján has to offer in a special way.
The assets of Cascada de Camoján
1. It is a smaller development than other luxury residential complexes in Marbella. In its urban design there are not many streets or accesses, which facilitates control by the security services.
2. It boasts impressive views of the Mediterranean sea and the mountains. At the same time, it is surrounded by nature. Both the authentic waterfall, which gives its name to the residential area “Cascada”, and the course of the Guadalpín stream are environmentally protected.
3. It has a privileged location. It is a ten-minute drive from Puerto Banús and five minutes from Puente Romano or the centre of Marbella. The former brings all its glamorous ambience, with yachts, luxury cars, elegant restaurants, or top brand shops; and the latter offers numerous services, the charming old town and a more local flavour. But at the same time, if you want total relaxation, the area is extremely quiet and benefits from a certain isolation.
4. It is an extremely exclusive community in terms of its residents. There are only high-end villas and a few luxury flats. Its surroundings belong to the neighbouring Sierra Blanca, also in the top ranking of distinguished areas.
5. Cascada de Camoján is perfect if you are looking for a villa with a mountain profile, but with easy access to city life. For more privacy and a dose of pure nature, the next level up would be the villas of Benahavís.
6. Monte Paraíso Golf is on the road and not far from this residential area there are other important courses on the Costa del Sol.
7. There are villas to renovate, built mainly in the ‘80s, but there are still new projects and villas in Cascada de Camoján, if you want to go for new construction.
What other interesting developments are there on the Golden Mile besides Cascada de Camoján?
The Golden Mile comprises three parts. On the one hand, there is a strip of more coastal housing; on the other, there are urbanisations bounded by the A-7 motorway and, finally, there are very exclusive homes closer to the AP-7 motorway which are still Golden Mile. It is in this last, more mountainous area that Cascada de Camoján is located. From east to west, the Golden Mile is bordered by Marbella Centre and the Puerto Banús district, respectively. All of this ultra-valuable property is where most of the Costa del Sol's most prominent luxury villas are located.
In addition to Cascada de Camoján and Sierra Blanca, which are central to the Golden Mile, there are other notable developments in this area. These include Altos de Puente Romano, Monte Paraíso, parts of Nagüeles, Lomas de Sierra Blanca, Casablanca, La Quinta de Sierra Blanca, Las Lomas de Marbella Club, Rio Verde, La Carolina and the area leading up from Marbella to the neighbouring village of Istán.
What are the two most current villa projects in Cascada de Camoján?
The Collection and Camoján Six villas are the latest to arrive in this territory of luxury construction in Marbella. Below, we tell you about these new projects and villas in Cascada de Camoján.
The Collection Camojan is a great example of how to create a property development full of elegance and sophistication. They have added to the prestigious Cascada de Camojan development a plan of five extraordinary villas that allow for the ultimate luxury living experience.
The proposal has impressive panoramic views. You can enjoy both the sea and the mountains due to its privileged location high up on the slopes of the beautiful La Concha Mountain. The beaches of the centre are just a few minutes' drive down to the more urban area of Marbella. It also has easy access to the A-7 motorway which allows you to be at Malaga airport in 50 minutes.
Camoján Six, expected to be one of the most exclusive complexes on the Costa del Sol, should be ready by early 2025. Being small in terms of the number of properties on offer (a mere six villas), it offers even greater privacy to its future residents who would already be very calm and tranquil in the Cascada de Camoján area.
Designed by Heidi Gubbins, the idea was to make each villa a sanctuary of its own. This is inspired by the fact that the Cascada de Camoján area is considered by many to be a nature sanctuary in Marbella.